Friday, September 18, 2009

Compassion!

What does compassion mean to you?
It seems compassion really is what people do, their action. You cannot show compassion by just saying "I am a compassionate person". If you were compassionate about something, you go out and do something, even if it is just to volunteer at the soup kitchen or at the local library or donating money or your own time to the schools PTO carnival.

A fellow blogger wrote about compassion and how the teacher incorperated into the class room. This blog was very interesting. It gives me ideas to think about to help students boost their confidence and know that others around them DO care about them. Here is the link to the blog---http://leslieinvancan.blogspot.com/2006/01/compassionate-teacher.html--

When my past teachers showed compassion towards me I felt accepted and that I could participate in class and not be shy.

My example was at in a camp setting, but I consider the counselors, teachers in a way, I will relate it to compassion. In camp, all of the campers had to sheets of paper to write down comments about fellow campers, I remember on day I got a sheet saying that "they loved to see my beautiful smile." I still have that paper today, hanging by my mirror showing me that I am accepted and people DO care about me. In just seeing that sheet of paper when I feel sad, it just boosts my confidence :)

No comments:

Post a Comment